Saturday, March 5, 2011

Debate VC Cup USIM : Semi Final Is Our Limit



You know, everytime I failed something, I got my own philosophy to calm myself down and get me going again, that is:

"Everybody loves a comeback"

Simple and seems like a statement to you I guess, but these 4 letters had been helping a lot in making my day whenever I had some failures in something. Because to me when I failed something, I'll bear in mind these words and think how these failures will soon appear to be nothing if I were to make a comeback soon. And everybody will surely be more amazed on how I could ever stand up again and make a comeback over those failures that I had before. And also on the same time nothing would ever make me down. Nothing at all.


When we were lost to FPg (Faculty of Dentistry) debate team in the semi final elimination round, I saw everybody got emotional and sunk in their own dampened spirit. I totally understand on how our Tamhidi debate team had disappointed them a lot because this Tamhidi teams were the one who used to win last 2 years VC Cup Debating Tournaments, in fact, me myself felt the same too. How tragic to lose on a very close call. How tragic to lose for we've come this far up.


But I gotta say although I was sad to lose in semi final yesterday, yet to me I didn't mind that much coz I had already trained myself NOT to get myself down anymore. I've trained myself to be a pessimist; expect the worst in everything and so whatever the result is I would be just fine. How so? Okay, here's a situation. Suppose a player is playing in the biggest football tournament and he would be just like me; a pessimist. He expected that his team would never even reach the second round. But they actually managed to get to final but lose there. What do you reckon that previous player would feel then? A great disappointment over those failures? Bother his mind by keep thinking that he's all to blame for the failures? Cries all day over the lose after they've come that far?


HELL NO!


In fact he'll be happy and as fine as before the tournament, because he'd never expected that they'll ever come that far up. He'd not even anticipate to get further than the second round either! So eventually he has totally nothing to cry on.


The same goes if they really lose on the second round. He'd be fine too coz he was emotionally prepared on that. His prediction got on the right way and for that on what he'll ever feel disappointed? Sad? Totally zero.


So that's why I personally believes that it is much better to be a pessimist rather than an optimist, who'll never mentally prepared on failures, because they expected everything to be beyond and keep demanding for more. In fact they'll never get content on whatever they have. Never satisfied! 


But to my friends in VC Cup, I would like to express my greatest gratitude and say that I admired all your talents in debating and I'm so happy that we knew each other. Whatever happened you're all are still the best debaters that I've ever known. Just one word, all of you;


"Thank You"


1. Kim
2. Syida
3. Fatina
4. Tengku Alia
5. Sarah Alia
6. Nasri
7. Afiq
8. Sya'ak
9. Afifi
10. Farah "Unpredictable"
11. Farah K
12. Safwan Hamdy
13. Tyra
14. Epul


for this wonderful experience and friendship. :)


So friends and all my team mates in VC Cup, chill and don't get sad okay. Life's too short to spend some of it crying in guilt. Just keep in your mind that we're still the best and will soon make a comeback, next year Insya-Allah. :)





"Aal Izz Well"

No comments: