Wednesday, July 25, 2012

You Don't Choose Your Career, Its The Other Way Around


Wednesday, July 25 2012, 0549



As the clock ticks and time flies, today, July 25 2012, is already day five in this holy Ramadhan. Wow, then. We are living in a quite fast paced life ain't we? It was just as yesterday when I was counting down to Ramadhan, then blink! all of sudden I'm already into the depth of it!

Well yeah, sometimes I, too, pondered on how fast the life is when we're so busy on something else. It is subtle but you'll quickly realise it as you looked back into time, and reminisce it, and couldn't help but found yourself already been dragged by time for quite a distance.


"Life is what happens while you're busy on something else.."


So I was just waiting for the adzan for Subuh to come, when I saw this old high school Yearbook of mine, all dusty on the shelf. 

Well, just to kill time, I thought maybe it would be great to take the "memorial tour". While slipping into a few pages and recall some of my old friends faces here and there, I didn't actually realise that I was actually smiling all the time like a freak. Why the heck not? Every faces I saw in that yearbook reminded me of a lot of funny things happened during my time at the school. Funny old friends, always had a thing for me.


Then I read a few lines below their pictures, you know, their biodatas and stuffs. Going to their ambitions, I couldn't help but realise that there are so many of my friends dreamt to be a doctor. And came to think of it, it makes sense, coz it was one of the most popular professions of all time.

But to think of what they are currently pursuing now, unfortunately most of the "doctors" in the Yearbook are not actually on the track to be one. A few of them are, like this Noor Aimi who is currently in a medical school in USIM, Hisham Mat who will be going studying in a medical school too in Ireland etc. The funny thing is, most of them ended up in somewhere not even related to medical field to be a doctor, like engineering school, piloting school, etc. Well, that deviates a lot.


But hey, it doesn't actually matters at all. Me myself, I don't get to be what I want too. When I was a kid I told everyone that I was going to be an engineer. An aircraft engineer, to be specific. But then, look what I've come to. I ended up in this computer science field, which of course, wouldn't by any chance will ever gonna take me to be aircraft engineer. So yes, I deviated too.
This is mine. (You can't read it don't you)
One of my artworks in it.


Disappointed coz you couldn't be what you dreamt to be? No need to man! Just get over it, and be the best in whatever you're in. Thats my philosophy.


"You don't choose the best career, the best career chooses you"


Now, I wanna be a software engineer. Insya-Allah:)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

gud luck in ur study.. :)